Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Mail Out Monday

Today I had my mother take care of my son for a few hours so that I could go to Hobby Lobby for some SHOPPING :) Since nobody likes to go with me because they all say I take to long and go through the isles more than once they all decided I should go and have some alone time *smile* That was just perfect and let me just tell you they had some AWESOME deals. All their stamps were 50 percent off along with their stickers and rub-ons. I had so much fun throwing things in my cart. As I was browsing the stamp section "about one hour in just that section alone" I was looking at Stampabilities mouse collection. I usually don't care to much for the mice but one such stamp caught my eye. It was this cute little mouse with strawberries *my favorite fruit* and I knew I just had to have him. I also bought some cool paper from Basic Grey "also on sale" and a stack of retro 6 x 6 pattern paper. As I was looking at the papers at home I noticed one patterned paper looked a lot like the seeds of the strawberries so I ripped it out and inked up my new strawberry mouse and this is what I came up with. I think I am really starting to like the mice. They stamp great and they allow for a lot of coloring. I also used some fibers that I had from like 4 years ago and some green SU ribbon. The card stock is Stampin' Up Real Red, Chocolate Chip, Certain Celery and Whisper White. I also popped the donut hostess stamp from Stampin' Up on dimensional. I really like how the mouse stamp and the card came out. I think I might have to go back to Hobby Lobby to take a better look at those mouse stamps *smile*

2 comments:

Jessi said...

I LOVE THIS CARD!!! I love this little mouse with the strawberries. I love the color combo on this card. JUST LOVE IT!!! TFS!

Crystal said...

Love the House Mouse stamps! I only own one but still covet owning many. Very cute!