Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Too Cute Tuesday


I finally got around to doing an altered picture frame project. I have seen many beautiful examples on the SCS site and I have always wanted to give one a try. I bought this frame at the dollar store...yippee..with the intentions of altering it. I knew I wanted to make a little boys frame for my son's room. I have had this stash of adorable Basic Grey paper for a while and have been dying to find a great use for it. I pulled out the pack of papers for this project and settled on this cute space ship pattern. I then adhered it with ModgePodge and once it dried I sanded it down. The I found these cute BIG photo corner stickers. I stuck them on some paper and then cut them out. After they were cut I put dimesionals on the back and popped them up on the frame. Then I added some ribbon to the side of the frame and added a cute tag with his name on it. Picking the pictures to use was easy since I have had these three snapshots of a recent vacation ready to be framed. Before I put them in the frame I added some cute sentiment rub-ons directly to the pictures. Then I put it all together and came up with a adorable frame for my son's room. After seeing how fun this was to make I am already on the lookout for some more frames to alter. You can really customize them to fit in any area of your home and to display all those cute pictures.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great project! Turned out very nice. I bet it looks really good in your son's bedroom :o) TFS!

Anonymous said...

Ana, he is such a cutie! Great job on the frame, too. I have a couple of frames that I have been wanting to alter, maybe this will give me the push.

Anonymous said...

Ana, he is such a cutie! Great job on the frame, too. I have a couple of frames that I have been wanting to alter, maybe this will give me the push.

bethtrue said...

Ana - that is a great frame - looks fabulous!! thanks for sharing. your son is a real cutie!! :-) i have a 3 1/2 year old boy myself. they are so much fun.