Thursday, October 30, 2008

Spooky Sweets Thursday

I can't believe we are a day away from Halloween!! This year is really flying. So, to celebrate the holiday I decided to make some cookie boxes for Joshi's teachers. I got the inspiration from the cat sugar cookies I found at the supermarket. I wanted to create something around them so I used Jen's box as inspiration. (Thanks Jen!) To create the box I measured the baked cookies and came up with the measurement of a 2.5" x 2.5" square box. I then took some PTI vellum and scored all the lines with my Scor-Pal. I used Taylor's sticky tape to adhere the vellum together. Then I made the tops of the box with PTI Chocolate card stock. To make them I cut out a 4.5" square and scored at the 1"mark on all four sides. The bottom lid is adhered permantly to the vellum with sticky tape. Then I stacked the cookies inside and tied everything together with some Papertrey Ink satin ribbon. The tag was made with the super cute SASI "Trick or Sweet" set. I used the cat image of course and highlighted him with some Coffee Shimmerz paint. It's really sparkly!! The red glitter is from Taylored Expressions. I really like how these turned out and the teacher's really loved them too.

Before I sign off, I wanted to inform everyone about an awesome new giveaway. Shimmerz paints is coming out with a new line that includeds 5 new colors on November 1st and to celebrate the launch they are hosting a blog candy giveaway. Make sure to check out the blog post for all the details on how to win!

Until tomorrow,

6 comments:

Michelle said...

NOW you show this cute project ~~ I just made those same cookies! But they're all gone, lol!! Cute ~ I'll have to remember that for Xmas! Thanks for the blog candy info ~ I'm dying to try those Shimmerz!

glitter girl said...

Ana - those are adorable! I love how the tag matches the cookies inside!! Your blog is amazing and your cards are even better - I love all the layers you use.
Happy Halloween!
Kerry

Taylor said...

This is adorable, Ana! I must find these cookies at the store!

Anonymous said...

SO CUTE! Funny thing, I posted something kinda similar today. Great minds, I tell ya! Kisses to Joshie! Happy Halloween!

Jennifer Scull said...

so cute! and clever, too! :)

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Awesome! I'll have to get me some-a that PTI vellum. It looks so fabulous here. Thanks for the inspiration! :O)