Monday, November 27, 2006

Mail Out Monday


I got this wonderful idea from this weekend's SCS limited supplies "Home for the Holidays" challenge. It was hosted by the wonderfully talented Jen70. One of the challenges was to make children Christmas cards. Thats when I decided I would send the kids personal cards this holiday season. I know I get excited when I get letters (not bills..hehehe) in the mail so I can only imagine how excited a child would be to get their own Christmas card. For these special cards I wanted to find a really cute and sweet stamp. I went digging in my scrap room and found this darling Rudy stamp from Canadian Maple Collections. I bought it at Hobby Lobby on sale last year and never used it before. I wanted to go all out on these cards so I decided adding some jingle bells would be the perfect touch. I also added some glitter on Rudy's shiney nose. I have to say I am most excited about sending out these cards.

Cardstock: SU Elegant Eggplant, So Saffron, Very Vanilla, Old Olive
Stamps: SU Print Pattern, Canvas, CMC Rudy

4 comments:

Jessi said...

Kids are going to LOVE the card when they get it in the mail. The card is so cute. I LOVE IT!!! TFS!!

AnneMarie said...

I would be excited too!!! I too have begun making cards for my nieces and nephews.. I love getting cards.. and Christmas?? well.. send them on! lol!

hey, I was thinking.. isn't it a great tradition to make cards.. think- your child will grow up thinking this is the norm! lol! my kids think this is what you do now and immediately run for the stash to make a card for a friend! lol!

Flower said...

Your cards are wonderful! I love your use of embellishments.

Gail Binette said...

Now this is just too darn cute! The kids are going to love getting their own cards.