Saturday, March 31, 2007

Arrr...Saturday


Happy Saturday everyone!! This card is for my cousins Pirate themed birthday party. I used the cute SU "Ahoy Matey" set and the matching wheel. I tried to go for the aged map look so I stamped the wheel on Sahara Sand and distressed it but tearing the edges and sponging. I also lightly watercolored the image to give that weathered look. The pirate is colored in with SU markers and has stickles on his sword. I did some paper piercing around the oval cutout and distress the edges. Hemp twine and gingham ribbon were also used as accents. I used my oval punch to display the sentiment. Other cardstock used is Cool Caribbean, Chocolate Chip, and Real Red. To finish it off I stamped the parrot on a circle tag and hung it from the hemp. So with that done I say Arrr.....have a great Saturday :)

14 comments:

lcordero99 said...

Annie, this is beautiful!!! I am so blessed to have a cousin like you. I bet a bunch of people would be jealous to know that you are helping me with his party. It is going to turn out great. How about making the goodie bags with the stamp as well? Just a thought.

Stampin_Melissa said...

I love seeing samples using this set, it is definately under used! ;) Thanks for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

So cool Annie, great colors and that pirate never looked so good.

Susie said...

Wonderful card - love all the aging techniques.

Alli said...

Oh this is cute, cute, cute. What a wonderful card for a young boy!

Sew Club said...

This is super cute - I love it, and have this set, too! Need to pull it back out!

Anonymous said...

As a pirate nut (and, during the summer, a RenFair pirate), I must express my approval. Bravo!

Melissa said...

Very nice!

Anonymous said...

This card is too, too cute! I like everything about it. Good job!

DoxieGirl said...

holy moses girl! this is so stinkin' cute! I must say, I think this is the cutest pirate card I've seen! and that sahara map is to die for! great job!
~Kendra

AnneMarie said...

adorable as always! I wish I had this stamp set!

Anonymous said...

Ana...this is terrific! I just recently purchased this set, and still have not used it. I love what you have done and the colors are the best! What an insprirational card. TFS Barb g

Shanismom said...

very cute card.

Heidi said...

This looks great! I love the idea of the map on Sahara Sand! Looks great! I also love his copper sword!