Friday, March 23, 2007

French Bakery Friday


Is anyone else a huge fan of cupcakes??!! They are by far my most favorite treat. Yummy!! So you know that when I saw this cute cupcake tray from Lockhart stamps I just had to get it. It was the perfect sweet to add to my stamp collection. When I started to stamp the cupcakes I thought I think I will make a French bakery card with it. Every time I think of France I think of pastries and little cafes. In this card I tried to incorporate that same feeling. I added the scalloped edge to emulate the cafe. I used the SU "Carte Postale" to add the french look. The cardstock used is SU Elegant Eggplant, Pale Plum, and Pretty in Pink. On the cupcakes I cut them out and stamp VersaMark over the entire image and added Iridescent Ice EP over it. It really sparkles in real life. I added some tabs, ribbon, and a clip. For added details I did paper piercing and faux stitching. As an added bonus I am also sharing this awesome cupcake blog I found. They have yummy recipes to indulge in. Have a great weekend!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cupcake lover here. Hello, I had one today! I was at Starbucks getting my Pomegranite Juice Blend and their vanilla cupcakes looked great! Tasted even better.
Your card is so yummy. Looks like a cute little French bakery!

Bethany Paull said...

Yummy card! What great inspiration--a French cafe. And your card conveys that wonderfully. I love it.

Jessi said...

DELICIOUS card... i just love the cupcakes and the color of the card..yummy

Anonymous said...

I love cupcake cards, awesome job, so yummy.

Heidi said...

This completely looks like a store window! I love the sparkles too!