Thursday, March 22, 2007

Techniquein' Thursday


I finally finished this card..wheww!! I just couldn't get it to look right but I stepped aside for a while and then came back and finished. I used the Stampin' Up "Doodle This" set from the Mini Catalog. I watercolored the big flowers on watercolor paper. I then stamped the whole piece with Versa Mark and added some clear EP. I heated it and it gave the glass look. I then added some stickles on the flower details. The ribbon is SU eggplant and some satin pink. The green clear letters are from the Paper Studio. Other cardstock used is Elegant Eggplant, Certain Celery, and Pale Plum. I did a scalloped edge with the slit punch and did some paper piercing. I added some green brads on all four corners to complete the card.

7 comments:

Alli said...

Oooooooh, I LURVE this card, it is fantastic, the clear letters are lovely, but I really adore all the elements on this card, the ribbon, the embossing, the colors, the layout! Wow! Wow! Wow!

QuiltNut Creations said...

beautiful! love the colors, the layout. the embossing is fantastic!

Jessi said...

LOVE IT!!! This card is so beautiful..TFS

Anonymous said...

Super nice. Love the colors and the lay-out. The scalloped border looks great. TFS!

Jackie said...

I really love that card - those colors are so pretty together and the layout is excellent - great job!

Susie said...

Well I was trying to talk myself out of buying this set but now I have to have it! I only hope I can do something half as beautiful as you did with it. The colors you used are spectacular!

Kristine said...

OMGoodness!! Ana...all your cards are just sooo darn AWESOME--I'm so envious and I feel so inferior :( You've got quite a talent/knack for this hobby. I LOVE all the color you put into your cards most of all. They just can't help but make me SMILE. LOVE your blog...you truly inspire me with every card/project you do.