Thursday, March 01, 2007

Thrifty Thursday


I went to Micheal's last night and as I was browsing the isles I found these giant white close pins. I have seen lots of ladies alter them and use them as picture holders. I always thought it was a thrifty idea so I bought them at $1.50. I thought they were a great bargain and since I have tons of yummy paper I just had to get them. There were only two left. I plan to go back since I think they make a cute gift idea. I found this cute paisley paper in black/white and brown/blue that I thought would be the perfect touch for the pins. I used ModgePodge to adhere the paper and also to glaze. After a few coats I sanded it down so it would be nice and smooth. When I finished I was stuck on what to embellish them with. I am out of Prima flowers *eeekk* so I resorted to cutting out these cute flowers from the SAB "Delight in Life" set. I used dimensional glue dots to adhere them and then added stickles to their middles for the added bling. Now I just need to find the right pictures to use.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are great! I like the flowers you used - perfect with that paper!

Anonymous said...

Ana these giant clips are simple marvelous! They look great covered with paper and I love the the flowers you used for dimension. I just hope my Michael's has these clips. Thanks for sharing these cuties!

bethtrue said...

Ana - these look great. i actually bought one of these from Mike's awhile back too but have been too intimidated to do anything with it. yours turned out so cute and thanks for describing how you did it. maybe now i can give it a try!!

have a great day!!

Beth (mommy to a 3 1/2 year old dynamo)

Anonymous said...

I have a dozen of these just sitting around all naked and stuff. Now I'm inspired to work with them. Thanks! Yours are just amazing!

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

oooooooohhh this are sO BEAUTIFUUUUL!!! Just LOVE them!!

Bety

Jessi said...

Ana, those clips are a wonderful idea... i really love those clips.. iam going to have to try that..TFS