Thursday, January 31, 2008

Birthday Surprise

Yesterday was my little sister's 21st birthday! We celebrated by having a nice dinner at mom's house. It was really nice to have everyone together. So since she turned the big 21 I knew I had to make her a special birthday card. I knew I wanted to use the My Favorite Things "Meet me at the Cafe" set since she LOVES Paris (and even visited a few years ago) and the two girls sipping wine fit the occasion perfectly. I colored them in with my Copics. I picked the colors for the image from the Basic Grey "Stella Ruby" patterned paper. The flower is cut out from a piece of patterned paper too. I added some jewels in the middle to give it some sparkle. Other card stock used is SU More Mustard, Pomegranate, Sky Blue, and Chocolate Chip. Accessories are SU brads, wide grosgrain ribbon, copper cord, and 3d glue dots. Stay tuned for some more cards tomorrow.

Our most recent picture together at my birthday last year.

4 comments:

RaeAnne said...

this is amazing!! i love the colors you picked and i LOVE the stamp!!

question!! how does everyone get the colors so amazing on the stamps? what is it that you use to color them in, it sure isnt colored pencils!!
lol

great job

xoxo
RaeAnne

Christina Fischer said...

Fantastic card!!! Love the colors and layout!

Anonymous said...

La tarjeta esta preciosa! Hola Ana es Nancy yo soy de PR, no sabia que eras latina. Feliz cumpleanos a tu hermana. Se parecen mucho.

Nancy Panko
PS Te coji el consejo y hice el blog miralo cuando puedas y dime que crees?

Charlene Austin said...

Gorgeous card. OH to be 21! heehee. You two are so cute!