Monday, January 28, 2008

TCP Tuesday

Happy Tuesday everyone! Hope your weekend was fabulous. Mine was spent reading my new favorite novel called "Love in the Time of Cholera" by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. He is a Colombian writer and winner of a Nobel prize for Literature amongst many other things. Being Colombian myself I always support all the talent and goodness Colombia brings since the news always does a "great job" of only portraying the negative. I love his books and this one has left me not wanting to put it down. I have a few pages left so once I finish I will be back with some more stamping. But for today I have a project I made earlier this weekend using my new The Cat's Pajamas Valentine's Day images. I altered one of those tea tins that were so popular during Christmas time. I took the same idea and did it as a Valentine's Day goodies tin. I altered it with some Crate Paper "Hey, Sugar" patterned paper. The stamped images are colored in with my Copics and stickles where added for a little bling. I also pulled out my scalloped scissors to adorn the trim. The heart tag is from the new nestabilities die cuts. The heart image was stamped with VersaMagic Plumeria chalk ink and popped on dimensional for a 3d effect. Well, that is all I have to share today but tomorrow brings some new cards. Make sure to stop on by.
Hugs,
Ana

12 comments:

Linsey R said...

very pretty! I love the sweet Valentine theme with that great dp, scalloped heart and ribbon! The sparkle is fabulous! TFS this super cute gift idea!

Mary Fish said...

I'm nuts about your tiny flowers in the vases . . . beautiful touches.

Pegg S said...

What a fun project! I love that book. Did you read One Hundred Years of Solitude? It's one of my favorites. They are making Love in the Time of Cholera into a movie -- I should reread it before it comes out!!

Michelle said...

Very pretty, love the paper.

Nixe-Moni said...

WOW what a wonderful work! So beautiful created. I love your tin :)

Ila said...

This is So Pretty and a Fabulous project!!..love it!!

Nancy said...

Ana, Awesome project! Love the colors. I have so many container to alter so little time. Thank you for sharing1

Nancy Panko

huntla1 said...

This is very pretty. Someone will be very lucky to receive it. I too read that book. It was good, but I had to read it very slowly for some reason. I hear a lot of people talk about 100 years of Solitude also. I tried that one, but just couldn't do it. Maybe I need to give it another try.

AnneMarie said...

this is so cute!
I didn't know you were Columbian! I had to study Latin American History while at A&M. The professor, Dr. Schmidt, was very knowledgable.. I was overwhelmed with what we had to learn.. such a rich history in Central and South America!

Marja Sch said...

Very pretty. I like the small vases very much so nicely done.

Neva said...

such a lovely gift project. I love turning things into gift sets.

Anonymous said...

awesome project!!!