Friday, January 11, 2008

Some Exciting News!


Hi All! Today I can finally share some exciting news I have been keeping from you. Last month Julee, the amazingly talented stamp designer from Verve Visual, contacted me to be one of her Guest Designers. Well, you guys know that nobody could pass up that opportunity so I instantly said YES! Soon after I got this amazing new stars stamp set called "Seeing Stars" in the mail. I thought it was so cute I immediately starting stamping with it. I just love the clean and whimsical style these stamps add to your cards. The first card I made is called "Possibilities" and I used the stars to create a starry scene. I colored them in with my Copics and did a trail of swirls with my paper piercing tool. Card sock used is SU Pumpkin, Bayou Blue, Sky Blue, and Basic Grey "Recess" patterned paper. Accessories are SU brads, and SU ribbon. The second card is a monochromatic design in which I stamped a pattern of stars to create patterned paper. The sentiment is stamped on PTI white card stock and backed with a scalloped square nestabilites die. I used my crop-a-dile to punch to holes on both sides and the added silver eyelets. I then tied some May Arts ribbon and adhered it with 3d glue dots. Card stock used is SU Basic Black, Sahara Sand, and PTI white. The last card is a Patriotic take on the stars and stripes. I colored the stars with my Copics in red and blue. I layered them on top of each other to create a 3d look. Card stock used is SU Sahara Sand, WW, Black, Memory Box "Flirt" patterned paper, and some blue dotted vellum sheet. Accessories are SU eyelets, ribbon, tab punch, and paper piercing tool. So now that I have shared my exciting news I urge you to take a peak at all 7 of Verve Visual's new stamp set releases. They are all adorable and so reasonably priced. Julee also has a post about me on her store blogspot, so check it out and leave some Love.
Hugs,
Ana

16 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

These are great, heading over to check out the post about you now.

Shannan Teubner said...

Your stuff is awesome, girlie!!

Denise Bryant (imchatty) said...

Congrats on the guest designer gig. In my opinion, you should be a permanent designer because there is nothing you do that I don't like! You're awesome and one of my absolute favs!!!!

toners said...

CONGRATS! They are lucky to have you!

Mia said...

Congrats! You always have great cards & you ALWAYS inspire me! Love it! :)

Linda Carson said...

Julee made a smart choice! Your artwork is always so awesome & very creative!

Anonymous said...

Love what you've done with the stars!! All awesome!

sophia landry said...

These look awsome! Especially the top one. The color just jumps out at you. You are really getting good with those copic's too. Always a joy to peruse your Blog, although there is one thing I would love to know...Where is the link to your Splitcoast gallery? i've been looking for ages and can't find it on your Blog, and I don't remember what your Splitcoast name is.

Ana Wohlfahrt said...

Thanks all for the sweet comments. Sophia thank you for bringing up the fact that I don't have a link to my SCS gallery. I will post it ASAP!
Hugs
Ana

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! These are awesome cards

Tiffany said...

Congrats Ana!! These cards are so beautiful!
Tiffany

Jan Hunnicutt said...

These cards are wonderful, I like all of them! Great set and congratulations on being the guest designer for Verve! Ya!~

Unknown said...

ana...these are great! lovin' the stars and the colors! awesome job!

Christina Fischer said...

Yay, Ana! She was smart to ask you! Your samples are fantastic! :)

Susan (susiestampalot) said...

Way to go, Ana!! You totally deserve the guest spot! isn't it cool!?!? When are you going to come up to Fort Worth and teach me how to color? ;)

Novell said...

I especially love the bold colors on the first one. Fabulous!