Tuesday, January 08, 2008

V-Day Sneaky Peeky Projects


Today is all about handmade projects and gift ideas. I don't know about you but sometimes I like to give "handmade" gifts instead of store bought ones. I especially love to do this on Valentine's Day because its an extra special way to tell someone you love them. So much of yourself goes into anything handmade that it makes it more meaningful. So for today's My Favorite Things sneak peak I am bringing you two V-day gift ideas featuring the new "Be Mine" mini that will be released on Wednesday. The first project is a paper cup I made from the new MFT Digital Paper pack available now. I made this template from a paper cup I had saved because I found it neat. I scored all the edges with my Scor-Pal and adhered everything together with some sticky tape. I colored in the hearts with my Copic markers and adhered them onto two circle die cuts made with my nestablities. The ribbons are a combination of SU and May Arts and the hanging heart clip is from Paper Studio. The heart chipboard sticking out of the cup is from Cosmo Crickets' Buck Naked Buttons & More collection. I added some DD glitter to make it sparkled and adhered it to a floral stick so that I could insert it into my cup. The inside is filled with Hershey Kisses. The second project is an altered Target dollar spot mailbox. I missed out on these last year so when I saw a bunch at my local T I had to stock up. This one is altered with some more of the yummy MFT Digital paper pack. I used my slit punch to create the scallops with Close to Cocoa card stock. I also doodled some dots with my white gel pen. The hearts are stamped with VersaMagic Jumbo Java and Petunia ink. I also added glitter to make them sparkle. The scalloped heart behind them is another nestabilites die cut. The are cut out in Regal Rose and Chocolate Chip. The ribbons are also a combo of SU and May Arts. The paper flower and brad is also from the Target dollar spot. The clear bloom is Maya Road. The inside of the mailbox contains a cute love poem which is also included in the MFT mini set. I stamped it on a white rectangular/scalloped nestabilites die cut. Well I hope I have inspired you to make some handmade gifts for you significant other this V-day. Stay tuned for some more MFT sneak peaks tomorrow.

PS Don't forget that ....My Favorite Things will be hosting a New Release Cocktail Party on Wednesday night (January 9th) from 9-11 pm EASTERN time. There will be sneak peeks, lots of fun and a chance to become MFT’s next Guest Designer. Head over to the MFT forum at SCS for more details.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

These pieces are terrific Ana!

Denise said...

This is beautiful! How do you get the paper to go around the flag?

ChrissyM said...

These valentine goodies are very pretty! I always have a problem with the flag part also. How do you decorate the flag with paper?

Chrissy

Mia said...

These are great!!! I just love the mailbox I sure hope my Target has some of these left. Thanks for sharing!

Velta said...

Ana ~ These are just BEAUTIFUL!! You are so talented and I just love all of your work!!

Christina Fischer said...

Oh my gosh -- all your sneak peeks are fantastic!!! I can't wait to get the sets! :)

Ana Wohlfahrt said...

Thanks all for the sweet comments. I did have some questions about how I went around the flag part. I actually took the whole flag off and once I was done embellishing I used my crop a dile to punch another hole in the flag part and slide a brad through that and the already existing hole in the mailbox. I would have like to have yanked out the screw and then slide the brad through that hole but my hubby was not home and I didn't have the strength :) Hope that helped. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Jeannie said...

I love your mailbox and I loved the homemade cup! What a great idea! I also agree that the best gift is homemade -- sometimes a store-bought gift takes thought and effort, but not like something handmade! Thanks for explaining the flag part -- that was one of my questions as well! Jeanne