Friday, August 01, 2008

Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge #27


Happy Friday everyone! I am so looking forward to this weekend because I will be going to the John Mayer concert on Saturday! I am a HUGE fan :) Not only is he super talented but he is easy on the eyes too. We have good seats plus we will be joined with my sister her boyfriend and some friends. I will try and take some pictures to share with you guys on Monday. Anywho, lets get on with today's Taylored Expression Cupcake Challenge. Taylor has once again come up with a great sketch. I would have never thought of it myself. I also opted to use another sweet dessert. What's just as good as a cupcake... well an ice cream cone of course!! This icy delight is from the My Favorite Things "Here's the Scoop". I love this set. I combined it with some equally yummy patterned paper from Basic Grey called "Cupcake". Accessories used are Papertrey Ink ribbon, K&Co rhinestones, MM glitter brad, circle nesties, crystal effects, and dazzling diamond glitter. To complete the card I did some paper piercing along the edges. BTW the pink, green, and red, are the new SU In Colors.
So, if you want to play along here is everything you need to know.

1.You're not required to use cupcakes for the challenge, but if you got 'em why not use 'em!? :)
2.You're welcome to create something other than a card, just stick as closely to the sketch as possible and you'll be eligible for the prize drawing!
3.If you're uploading to Splitcoast use keyword TECC27 (for Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge 27 or link your creation on this post.
4.Each week, I plan to have a Featured Cupcake Sampler! The cutest and most creative sample from the previous week will receive the featured cupcake sampler honors. The winner will receive the sketch ahead of time in order to create a card that will be featured along with a link to your blog on Cupcake Friday!
5.Featured Cupcake Sampler this week is Charmaine from Oodabug Alley!

Don't forget to check out the beautiful creations from the other cupcake challenge samplers:


Stephanie Hargis: Steph's Stampin' Stuff
Jami Sibley: More is More
Monika Davis: M.A.D. Stamper
Lynn Mercurio: Stamperosity

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness this is adorable! The colors remind me of an old-fashioned soda shop! Yummo!

-Jami

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is such a yummy card...those ice creams look good enough to eat. Great job with the challenge. I'm having blogger headaches today, so as soon as those are resolved I'll be able to post my card. :( I'm so happy to be able to see your wonderful creation!

Marja Sch said...

Ohh this is lovely. I would like to eat your icecreams. They look jammie. Hugs Marja

Monika/Buzsy said...

Great card Ana. Love the icecream cones and the soft colors. TFS!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Ana. The ice cream cones are a perfect substitution for a cupcake on a warm day like today.

I saw John Mayer earlier this summer in St. Louis and he was awesome. I have seen him a few times now and he never disappoints.

I can't wait to see photos you may share. We bought tickets late since we decided to go while on vacation in St Louis so our seats were near the back.

Stephanie Hargis said...

This card is fabulous! I love the ice cream cones with the ice cream popped up! The paper is perfect and I love your paper piercing! Great job girl! :D Have fun at the concert! My brother is a big fan of his too!

((hugs))

Stephanie Hargis said...

This card is fabulous! I love the ice cream cones with the ice cream popped up! The paper is perfect and I love your paper piercing! Great job girl! :D Have fun at the concert! My brother is a big fan of his too!

((hugs))

Jenny Gropp said...

Love this card, delicious!

Rhonda Kelly said...

MMMMMM! What a delicious card! I love the cupcake challenges from Taylor. I hope to get the courage to participate in one very soon! TFS, you did a great job!

Curt in Indy said...

This is an amazing card! Those ice cream cones looks so real! This is just awesome! Best, Curt

Kristine said...

This is SOOO CUTE Ana!! LOVE your cones =) and the dp and paper piercing looks fab on here too. GREAT CARD!!