Thursday, February 08, 2007

Flower Power Thursday


Aside from photography and stamping I also really enjoy flower arranging. My mother-in-law has a flower shop and I often go and help her design. Since Valentine's Day is coming we have been busy getting everything ready for the busiest day of the year. Its crazy!!! but so much fun. Since I have had flowers on my mind I wanted to stamp a card with flowers. For this card I used Stampin Up Bodacious Bouquet and Paisley Background. I cut out all the flowers and made some of their petals stick out with dimensions. I also put some stickles in the flower centers. I also used some yummy pattern paper and tied ribbon around it. I used some chipboard to mount my sentiment and hung it from the ribbon. I finished it off with some faux stitching and sponging of the edges.

Make sure to be on the lookout for postings on great ideas for flower arranging and creative ways to display them for Valentine's Day.

9 comments:

Kristine said...

*gasp* oh that is sooo cute ana!! i've always wished i could arrange flowers...i have a friend who does them for weddings! this card is so great...it really takes a creative eye for arranging and you've definately got that! i do cakes though, check it out if you want at http://inksomething.blogspot.com/search/label/Cakes

Crystal said...

I think we were cut from the same cloth. I had thought about doing photography as a business. I love taking portraits. And, my aunt and uncle used to own a flower shop-they lived in CA and we were in Mich so of course I hardly ever saw them, but one of my fav memories is the smell of that place and feeling the flowers and the textures. When I was in college I worked in a floral department of a grocery store and loved arranging.

This card is great by the way!

Anonymous said...

How cool is that? It's so pretty I love it. You rock girl! Have fun with the crazy flower business this time of year.. I don't envy you :}

bethtrue said...

Gorgeous - love those big brads!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ana,
This card is so wonderful. I love all your attention to details. The colors are yummy.
Have a great weekend.
Shelley

Anonymous said...

Cute card! Very springy. (is that even a word. LOL!)

Anonymous said...

This is such a gorgeous card. I love peaking at your blog daily to see what you pound out. I love all your work!

Anonymous said...

Wow. What a lovely card! I want that set... Yum!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! Love the colors and the layout! Can you draw? If you do make some cool girly stamps for us. I would definetely buy them ;)
Hugs,
Nancy