Friday, May 18, 2007

Fun Friday


TGIF!! The bad weather is behind us and a sunny weekend is ahead!! *Yay* Yesterday I took Josh to the zoo with a friend and her kids and we had a BLAST. The weather was nice and their were so many cute animal babies. The cutest was a little orangutan that came right up to the glass and right in front of me and pressed his lips on the glass and showed me his teeth and tongue. It was so funny but so fascinating to see a orangutan so close. He even made eye contact with me and they were almost human. It was so amazing.

Ok..back to stamping. As I was browsing Eclectic Paperie's the other week I noticed that they carried Rubber Romance stamps. I first saw their chic designs via the SUPER talented Taylor from Taylored Expressions. I always wondered where to buy some and was so happy to see them on EP. This card was made with the Paris street image. I bought it for my sister because she went to Paris a few years ago and fell in love with the city. I chose to color the scene in with my Prismas and added some bronze stickles on the Eiffel Tower. Card stock used is SU Banana, Cranberry, Olive, WW, and DP. Other stamps used is Paper Salon and SU Carte Postale. Materials used are gold brads and old ric rac. Techniques applied are Jen del Muro's faux eyelets and sponging. With all that said I want to also wish everyone a safe and fun weekend. Hugs Ana

22 comments:

Rachel Hope said...

CUTE! Great image and I love the colors

Bethany Paull said...

I love your row of faux eyelets! I've been waiting for EP to get something in stock before I actaully place my order, but it definately includes some of these gorgeous Rubber Romance stamps. I was so happy to see you using one. You make such gorgeous cards.

Susie said...

What an adorable card. Brought a smile to my face right away. Love the image. Great color choices.

Anonymous said...

I love your coloring and I see that you use prismas but I was wondering if you use gamsol and stubs too? I have been wanting to get some cute stamps like I always see you use but I don't know how to color them, please enable me to color as well as you! What do I need??
mandyslack@eastlink.ca

Dottie K. said...

Gorgeous card!! My friend is going to Paris in 3 weeks. Love this image - I'm going to do a scrapbook for them when they come back. Enjoy everything you post. You put alot of detail into your work. TFS Dottie K

AnneMarie said...

I finally got internet back!!! I can't wait to see what you have been up to- love this card!!!
Have you ever been to the FW Zoo? it is awesome!!

Melissa said...

This is fabulous! I haven't seen this stamp before and I really like it!! Great job!

Jessi said...

Beautiful card...i just LOVE it!!! tfs

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Another beautiful card. I absolutely love it! The image is awesome. I like how you added the flowered paper 3/4's the way up, and have that yellow bit of paper showing. The added stickles are great too.

Barb said...

This is a stunner!

Tiffany said...

What a darling card, love it!

Heather said...

I just love this card. The way you colored it totally makes it great --- Love the way the color is dark on the outside of the buildings and gets lighter --- super job!
Have a super weekend (or what's left of it!)

Anonymous said...

Loving everything about your card! Awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card! You are the master at watercoloring.

I just have to say that ALL of your cards are incredible! You have amazing talent girl!

TFS!
Michaeleen

Tina said...

Hi
Your cards make me happy! Wonderful colors

Greetings from germany

Tina

Kandis Smith said...

Way cute! I love the way you colored it!

Heidi said...

Great coloring! Super cute card!

Taylor said...

OMGosh... this is sooooo cute! Your coloring is just gorgeous...everything fit together so well! Love it!

Allison Rankin said...

Super cute Ana...I really like what you did here!

Melissa said...

that is aweseome! Gorgeous card!

Unknown said...

Ana, This card is stunning. I LOVE it. So pretty. I'm sure your sister will love it.

Anonymous said...

Just "met you" as guest designer on Jen's blog and I immediately LOVED your style! Wow! This card on your blog particularly caught my eye because I just got this stamp and was thinking of it only as a background - love it as the focal image here! Looking forward to seeing more of your work.