Thursday, December 20, 2007

The Cat's Pajamas Thursday


Hi All! Today I want to change things up a bit by sharing a baby card instead of another Christmas card. I made this one for a dear friend who is having a baby shower in a few weeks. She just found out it's a boy so I knew that I wanted to use this adorable little boy's overalls from The Cat's Pajamas. I tried to go with the monochromatic feel by using the same colors throughout the card. I colored in the overalls with my prisma colors and stamped the sentiment which is also from TCP on the top of the panel. I ran a line of dots by using my SU paper piecing template and mat (one of my favorite tools) along the top edge so that it meets up with the sentiment. For the base of the card I used SU Blue Bayou and then framed the Basic Grey "Lily Kate" patterned paper with SU Certain Celery. The overall panel is matted with Bayou and Banana. The smaller inner panel is Sky Blue and Blue Bayou again. The ribbon is SU and the baby pin is from Paper Studio. Well that's all for today but I do have another card to share with you tomorrow. Hugs, Ana

PS Just a reminder that Stampin' Up has released their retired list online and you have until the 31st to place your orders before they are gone forever. If you have any questions please send me an email.

15 comments:

Shannan Teubner said...

This is so super cute!!

Alhambra Club said...

Beautiful

Bethany Paull said...

Love it. I guess I need to put some practice time into my Prisma pencils. What kind of paper do you use?

Becca said...

great card and nice to get away a little from the holiday cards.

You have been TAGGED. Please tell us 7 interesting things about you and Tag 7 more bloggers.
Have fun, Bela

Unknown said...

really cute boy card!!

Ila said...

So Cute!! Love the colors and layout. Wishing you and yours a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

Diane said...

What a sweet card! Love your coloring as usual!!! Your cards are
phenominal!!!

Christina Fischer said...

DARLING, Ana! I love those overalls, and your coloring is perfect!

Melissa said...

Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I love it! Have a Merry Christmas and Happy new year

Sharon in NE said...

I've seen that stamp many times and never really thought too much of it...but you really made it come alive. Very nice job.

Kharlie Bug said...

This card is sooo cute! I just purchased it because I love this card so much :) TFS!

liannallama said...

super card and I love the colors! The piercing is the perfect touch!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Boy oh boy, this is so cute! Your coloring and the colors are fabulous!

Kelli said...

I stumbled upon your blog today, and you have some awesome projects posted, so cute! i love this baby boy card!