Saturday, April 26, 2008

Shabby Chic Saturday


Happy Saturday everyone! Today is a rainy day here in Houston. It's been a while since it rained so its nice to see the grass and flowers get a much needed drink. Before I get into todays card I wanted to share some exciting news. A few weeks ago I found out that my good friend Diana Lopez made it into the USA Taekwondo Olympic team. But get this not only will she be going but so are her two older brothers Steven and Mark. They are making history by doing what no other American family has done since 1904. Steven has already won two Olympic gold medals and four World Championships! I went to school with them and graduated with Mark the second oldest. They are just as amazing people inside and out and I wish them the best of luck! If you are interested I will keep you updated on when they compete in Beijing. D if you are reading this I send you many good vibes!!

Ok, back to stamping.Since we are staying indoors today I got to finish this card. It features the new Basic Grey "Flourish" and Maya Road images. The patterned paper is also new from Basic Grey called "Sultry" collection. For the main image I stamped the flourish with some VersaMagic green chalk ink. The floral vine is stamped in brown and then the flowers were stamped in VersaMagic Petunia cut out and placed on dimensional. I also added some K&Co pearls to their centers. The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink. I did a row of scallops and placed baubles on each one. I also did a lot of paper piercing. The ribbon is from SU and so is the pearl and crystal pin. Card stock used is Papertrey Ink Spring Moss, SU Blush Blossom, Chocolate Chip, and Georgia Pacific white. That's all for today. Have a great weekend and see you on Monday!
Hugs,

2 comments:

MacKenzie said...

Beautiful card! My son does Taekwondo and his instructor has a birthday coming up. Got any ideas for a card? I'm totally stumped!

hearty art said...

I keep coming back to your blog to see this card again. I don't know what makes it so lovely but I think it's how you combined pink and brown. Now I want to try something like this, too. Thanks for the inspiration!