Tuesday, November 25, 2008

TCP Tuesday & Some Awards

Hi All! Hope you had a great weekend. Today I have a fun TCP Tuesday sketch challenge brought to you by Leigh the Hipster Hostess for this week. I love this sketch. I decided to use my new TCP stamps from the Elegant Christmas set. I embossed the dove with gold powder onto some vellum. Then I turned it around and using a stylus I went over the dove's body. This made the body white and popped up. Then I ran it through the cuttlebug with my circle nesties and did some paper piercing. A SU brad was added then a red satin bow. Since I was going with the vellum theme I run another piece through my cuttlebug with the swiss embossing folder. I really like how it turned out. The ornate border was created with a Fiskers border punch and the sentiment was embossed with black powder. So if you want to play along here are all the details.
1. Each a week one of the The Cat’s Pajamas DT members will host a challenge.
2. The challenges will vary {stamp, color, theme, sketch, etc.}
3. You will have until {this} Saturday night to complete the challenge.
4. Link your project on this week’s hostess’ challenge announcement. This week you will link your project on this post.
5. TCP stamps are not required, but of course, highly encouraged. {Unless it is a challenge calling for a specific stamp}
6. There will be one winner each month. They will be deemed that month’s Swankiest Stamper and get $25 in Cat’s Cash {money to spend on the TCP site!}.
7. When uploading to SCS, please use the keyword TCPTUES35 for this challenge.
8. Alma will post the entries from the week the following Monday on her blog.
9. The newly crowned Swanky Stamper will be announced on the First of the Month and have his/her winning entry posted on The Cat’s Pajamas website where he/she will reign for the entire month.

I also wanted to share some awards that some loyal and amazing readers awarded me with. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
This one is from amazingly talented Wendalyn!



This one is from the super sweet Shirely.

2 comments:

Sew Club said...

It's funny how you can know immediately who made a card just by glancing at it! I knew right away that this was an Ana card, as I scrolled threw my GReader! So soft and pretty! xox, bbff

Laura said...

It looks absolutely beautiful!