Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Love Monkey

Hi All! Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend. So, today I have a fun little project to share with you. I used my new The Cat's Pajamas spring set called "Hearts & Flowers"for this altered heart. This idea started when I went to Micheal's and found this wooden heart on sale. I snatched it up and took it home. I decided I wanted to make it into a cute wall hanging/decor. I started by painting the heart with white acrylic paint. Then, I adhered the patterned paper to the bottom tier of the heart with ModgePodge. When that dried I added some glitter to the center heart. Then, I used some fun Zva Creative crystal chains to embellish the edges. The silk flowers and rhinestone brads are also Zva Creative. The darling monkey image was colored in with Copics and then added to the center of the heart with 3D glue dots. To complete the wall hanging I added some twill to the top of the heart with Zip Dry glue. I really love how it turned out! Well, that's all for today but I'll be back with more creations.
Until then,

4 comments:

Maureen said...

SOOOOO adorable!! Love it to bits!

Jekka said...

This is great and I LOVE your twill bow.

Denise Marzec said...

So beautiful! Check out that awesome bow!

Becky said...

This is simply beautiful, I love this.