Saturday, April 04, 2009

Taylored Expressions Sneak Peek Day 2!

Are you ready for more Taylored Expressions sneak peeks?! Well, I am super excited about today's post and project. When I first saw the new adorable Stamp A Sweet Impression "Downtown Diva" I knew I wanted to make a little purse for it. I didn't want to make another card so I pulled out my nestabilites and came up with this little purse/handbag. I used the curved rectangles to make the base for the purse. I used card stock and patterned paper from the Mother's Day Key Ingredients. Once, I ran the die cuts through the cuttlebug I then cut a strip of pink 3" x 10.75" cardstock. This strip will connect the rectangles together. I scored the strip at 3/4" on both sides (long ways). Then, I scored 3" on both sides (short ways). Once, I did that I cut some slits where the score lines met. This allowed the strip to bend. Lastly, I adhered both rectangles to the strip and added some eyelets and ribbon. I also tucked some tissue paper inside. I used the sentiment from the "Fresh Flowers' set since I want to give this to my mother. I think the card from yesterday and the purse will make a cute gift ensemble. Well, I hope you've enjoyed my sneak peeks so far. I still have one more to share so make sure to check back tomorrow. Also, don't forget that both these sets will go online tonight at midnight!
Before you leave make sure to check out all the other design team member's blogs. They have some awesome things to share :)
Have a great weekend.

19 comments:

Donna Baker said...

this is so CUTE! I love it

Taylor said...

So cute, Ana! Great little purse and I love all the bling around your shoppers!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is so adorable I can hardly stand it! Ingenious idea for the purse. I love it!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my goodness, Ana! This is TOTALLY ADORABLE!! Love the idea for the box using the curved mega rectangles on the sides, your combo of the DP's is perfect, and your coloring IS ALWAYS amazing. LOVE your coloring!

Dawn B. said...

This is so cute. What a great idea. I love the image..

Karen Giron said...

Oh seriously, Ana! This bag is to die for! Love it!!

Sankari W. said...

A beautiful project and a beautiful tutorial!! LOVE the colors and all the wavy scalloped beauty you got goin' on! Your coloring of the shopping cupcakes is just beautiful!! Your mother is going to love LOVE this!!!

Jennifer Scull said...

great idea and of course lovely as always!! :) and isn't that just the most adorable little cuppie stamp?!?! your mom will love this set!

Jodi Collins said...

This is totally AWESOME Ana! LOVE the finished product and I LOVE your tutorial! Thanks for always being SO inspiring!!

Verda said...

Love your project and the colors are very pretty.

Crafted Customisations said...

Hi Ana! My name is Joelene and I have sort-of been following your blog for a little while now. I love the stamps you use especially "The Greeting Farm" one's. I'm just checking out your etsy shop too. I want to sell things on etsy sometime as well. I make cards and gifts using mostly Stampin' Up! stamps. Please come and have a look at my blog sometime and leave a comment. Thanks

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

This is just adorable Ana! What a cute little purse!

Karen Motz said...

This is brilliant Ana! Thank you for the detailed photos of how you created this sweet bag.

Dawn Easton said...

This is so cute Ana! Great little gift bag!

Christyne said...

OMGosh! Shopping Cupcakes? I love it!!! TFS.

Diane said...

Absolutely beautiful Ana!!!

Unknown said...

Love it -- the color combo, the design, your beautiful coloring -- just gorgeous.

Tracy said...

I LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Hi Ana! This is gorgeous!