Friday, March 09, 2007

Fun Friday


Yay!! Its Friday and that means we have finally reached the weekend. Last night I wanted to use some scraps of paper that I have had laying around for a long time. I got the inspiration from the Chatterbox pattern paper. I also found this piece of Night of Navy cardstock that went well with the paper. I decided that the colors were serious so I settled on the SAB "Happy Harmony" for the main image. I love the simple elegance of this set. It also has such inspirational quotes. I stamped the flowers with my markers on Whisper White cardstock. I distressed the edges and used 3D glue dots to display it. I also used a big tag as a background panel in which I rolled up the edge and stamped SU Paisley bg. I added some copper brads, ribbon, and faux stitching. The other stamp used is the Weathered bg which is stamped on SU True Thyme cardstock. I made a photo corner out of Chocolate Chip and did some faux stitching on that too. I finished it off with some satin ribbon and a tab hardware. Have a great weekend!!

9 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

This looks great...love the paper you chose (it almost looks masculine were it not for the flowers!)...

Kathy McD said...

This is a great card! I love all the elements you put on it...the details are wonderful!

michelle sturgeon said...

*gasp*! That is just GORGEOUS! Love everything!

Anonymous said...

NICE card! Love the way you put this all together.

Deborah said...

What a great masculine card. I really, really love how you used the tag in it.

Anonymous said...

I love every card on your Blog! You just always make the most beautiful things.

QuiltNut Creations said...

love all the different elemnts and layers. great colors

Julie said...

I love all your cards! TFS

Sew Club said...

Love the new banner! Did you do it yourself?